Indian Head Massage
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage, Also known as Champissage, is a form of relaxation massage done in a seated position, focusing on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back, and upper arms.
These areas hold many powerful and important energy centers that may become blocked by the stresses in life.
It is very relaxing and has a balancing effect as it helps to release stress and tension, creating a sense of peace and well-being.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
· Helps relieve headaches and neck/back tension
· Calms, revitalizes, and uplifts the spirit
· Relieves Sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia
· Relaxes taut and uncomfortable muscles, eases stiffness, breaks down knots and nodules in muscle tissue
· Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
· Increased joint mobility by relieving muscle tension
· Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
· Encourages deep relaxation
· Triggers the release of endorphins and brings about a sense of well-being
· Promotion of hair growth through scalp stimulation
· Brings greater mental alertness and clearer thinking
· Renew energy levels
What to expect from an Indian Head Massage…
The massage lasts about 40-45 minutes, starting at the upper back, the Indian Head Massage begins by applying pressure to points that dissolve knots and relax the muscles. Then moves to the shoulders and upper arms to release tension found in many energy centers there.
Next is massaging the neck and head to release blockages and tension, and to encourage better circulation.
The massage then progresses to the scalp, relaxing the entire head, encouraging blood circulation and stimulating hair growth.
Next is a gentle face and ear massage that stimulates the many acupressure points there, and may relieve symptoms of sinusitis and headaches as well as encouraging a healthy and glowing complexion.
Lastly is the massaging of oil into the hair and scalp, though is step can also be done without oil.
Leslie has evening appointments available!
Our Indian Head Massage Practitioner:
Indian Head Massage
The journey to the Spiritual and Healing path began more than 20 years ago when two serious health issues led Leslie to discover the power of meditation, holistic healing and positive thought. It became very apparent that healing the physical body also required healing of mind and spirit too. Blessed by having worked with several gifted Healers, and after having her own, “AHA” moment in 2009, she realized that providing the healing would be the greater gift and thus began her training and holistic career. She also continues to take classes regularly adding new tools to the belt!