Citronella essential oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, also known as Cymbopogon nardus. Thanks to its fresh, welcoming aroma, Citronella is a common element in perfumes and cosmetic products and is well known for its use in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials.
As a relative of Lemongrass, Citronella has a slight citrus scent that provides a pleasant and inviting experience whenever it’s used. Its versatility makes it a great household product to add to your beauty routine or to refresh indoor and outdoor spaces.
Citronella has a fresh, elevating aroma that can be inhaled directly or diffused to lift the spirits. It can be also applied topically to tone and balance the skin.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically or inhaled:
- to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic
- to help relieve headache
- Apply topically before and during outdoor activities.
- Use Citronella's bright scent to sweeten a custom fragrance or diffusion blend.
- Apply topically to refresh and moisturise skin.
- Use as an alternative to deodorant. Combine with Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil for added strength.
How to Use
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Directly inhale or Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
Cymbopogon nardus† (Citronella) oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil