What is Collagen?
Most have already heard of collagen, and know that it's found in our bodies already. So what exactly is it?
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies, and is one of the most vital for our bodies to function.
- It forms and holds many of our organs and tissues.
It is a structural protein that maintains the integrity of your skin, muscles, bones, and cartilage.
Acting as a "Glue" that holds your body together.
- Collagen sends out signals to your cells. These signals can fight inflammation and repair damaged cells.
- As we get older, our collagen production declines. This is why a lot of people turn to supplementation.
What Benefits Can we Experience by Supplementing with Collagen?
- Brain Function
- Supports Healthy Gut Function
- Eases Joint and Knee Pain, Degeneration
- Supports Liver Health
- Protects Heart Health
- Supports Healthy Skin
- Strengthens Hair, Nails and Teeth
This Collagen we carry and recommend is a Peptan Hydrolyzed Collagen.
What this means is it is highly digestible and bioavailable because it has undergone a process called hydrolysis to break it down into shorter chains of proteins.
It is instantly water soluble in warm or cold water as well has Ph and heat resistant. It contains 18 amino acids, which makes it a great supplement to restore the protein content of muscles after exercise as well.
It is specifically high in the amino acids glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, glutamine and arginine.
It is an unflavored/unsweetened powder that can be added to any beverage, which makes it easy to take. It also contains Vitamin C/Ascorbic Acid as well, which is recommended to take with collagen, as it enhances activation and ensures absorption and usefulness.
Recommended purpose or use:
• Source of the essential amino acid lysine to help in collagen formation.
• Helps to reduce joint pain associated with osteoarthritis.
• Source of the essential amino acids histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, valine for the maintenance of good health and involved in protein synthesis.
• Source of the non-essential amino acids alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glycine, proline, serine, tyrosine involved in protein synthesis.
Recommended dose: Adults and adolescents 12 & over:
1 scoop 1 time per day. Dissolve 1 heaping scoop in 250 ml of warm water & drink immediately.
For Joint Pain: Use for a minimum of 5 months to see beneficial effects.
Medicinal ingredients: Each heaping scoop (10 g) contains: Peptan®® Hydrolyzed collagen - Type 1
(BSE Free, Brazilian bovine source, grass fed, Halal and Kosher certified)....................10,000 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients: None. Contains no added gluten, nuts, eggs, dairy products, fish or shellfish, soy, corn, wheat or yeast.
Cautions and Warnings:
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
• If you have liver or kidney disease or if you have been instructed to follow a low protein diet, consult a health care practitioner prior to use.
Known Adverse Reactions: May cause mild gastrointestinal disturbances.
Contains 36 calories per serving.
Peptan®® is a registered trademark of Rousselot