- Assists in the digestion of all types of food, with the exception of dairy.
- Protease is the enzyme that digests protein; amylase digests carbohydrates and lipase digests lipids (fats).
- Pancreatin is necessary for protein, lipid and carbohydrate digestion.
- Bromelain, pepsin, and betaine HCl all help break down protein.
- Film coated tablets ensures effectiveness.
How It Works:
Digestive enzymes are secreted along the gastrointestinal tract and break down foods, enabling the nutrients to be absorbed into the bloodstream for use in various bodily functions. Enzymes are extremely sensitive to heat and are easily destroyed by cooking in temperatures above 47C (117F). Age and various digestive system problems can reduce the production of digestive enzymes and impair the digestive system’s ability to adequately digest food.
Medicinal Ingredients: Each tablet contains betaine hydrochloride 162 mg, alpha-amylase (from Aspergillus flavus var. oryzae) 90 mg (450 FCC DU), bromelain (from pineapple (Ananas comosus var. comosus) fruit) 50 mg (30 MCU), papain (from papaya (Carica papaya) fruit) 45 mg (90,000 FCC), pepsin (Sus scrofa stomach) 60 mg (600,000 FCC), bile salts 40 mg, pancreatic enzymes (Sus scrofa pancreas) 22.5 mg (5,000 USP units amylase; 900 USP units lipase; 5,000 USP units protease) and lipase (Sus scrofa pancreas) 0.5 mg (15 FCC LU).
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, carnauba wax, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose and purified water.
Dosage (adults): Take one tablet twice daily with a meal.