Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) has a sweet, earthy, anise-like aroma that is energizing, vitalizing, and balancing. It also has a long history of encouraging grounding feelings.
Although the seeds and oil are used in flavoring, Fennel’s complex aroma has also made it popular in soaps, candles, and perfumes.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically or inhaled:
- to relieve minor skin irritation, cuts, bruises & burns.
- to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis.
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic.
- to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough
How to Use
Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Not intended for use during pregnancy.
Culinary: The unique, flavourful nature of Fennel essential oil can add a rich, savoury taste to sauces, soups, and is a fantastic addition to hot or cold teas.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- Diffuse at work or while studying to create a grounded environment.
- Utilise Fennel’s cleansing benefits by adding a few drops to a gentle facial cleanser.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favourite beverage to enjoy its black liquorice flavour.
- Give soups and dips some complexity by adding a drop of Fennel essential oil.
- Add 1–2 drops in a cup of tea or warm glass of water after meals.
Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)† seed oil 100% pure, YLTG essential oil