Originating in Southeast Asia, Lemongrass essential oil is distilled from the leaves and woody stalks of the lemongrass plant. With a subtle citrus-herb scent, Lemongrass oil offers a sophisticated and relaxing aroma that transforms your home’s environment.
Try diffusing Lemongrass for an aroma that can inspire a sense of clarity and relaxation for you and your whole family. Enhance that relaxing aroma by adding Lemongrass oil to your cleaning products, dishes, and laundry. Add 3–4 drops in a sink full of dishes, a load of laundry, or your all-purpose cleaner formula for an exotic, clean-smelling boost. Its relaxing aroma also makes it a great complement to post-workout massage.
Lemongrass essential oil will invigorate the senses with its bright, lemony scent. The delicate citrus flavour complements many dishes—especially Asian recipes—and can be incorporated into your seasonings for meals in various cuisines. Add a couple of drops to a glass of water or a hot cup of complementing tea for a zip of flavour.
Lemongrass has a light, fresh, citrus aroma with earthy undertones. Refreshing, rejuvenating, stimulating, and balancing, it is an inspiring oil.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically:
- to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis
- or inhaled can act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic
- to help relieve headache
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Has skin-cleansing properties
- Purifies the air from bad odours
- Reduces musky aromas in moist, damp environments
- Enhances massage after activity
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents neral, geranial, limonene, and beta-caryophyllene
From the bottle: Strong, grassy, lemon aroma
- Dilute Lemongrass with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex for massage after workouts, sports, or just a long and busy day.
- To fill your home with the clean and refreshing smell of Lemongrass, diffuse during cleaning and add a few drops to your favourite cleaning formulas.
- Make your own substitute for chemical-based air fresheners. Add up to 10 drops to a small spray bottle filled with distilled water and spritz over carpets, furniture, and linens to help eliminate stale odours.
- Add Lemongrass to your nightly face regimen for its skin-cleansing benefits.
- Put 3-5 drops on a cotton ball and place it in your linen cupboard. Your linens will absorb the scent, and keep them smelling fresh.
- Add 2–3 drops to water or hot tea for a light, interesting flavour.
- Deodorise your fridge: half-fill a small container with baking soda and 5-10 drops of Lemongrass essential oil, and leave it in the fridge with the lid off.
- DIY air freshener: put 3-5 drops of essential oil onto 3-4 cotton balls and place them in a tiny bowl. You can place the bowls all around the house (perhaps behind the toilet or on the window sills) for a fresh-smelling home.
- DIY car freshener: select what shape you’d like, and cut out two pieces of felt and one piece of cardboard, and glue the felt to both sides of the cardboard. Put 3-6 drops of essential oil on each side, and refresh when needed.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Freshen up a damp or musty bathroom with Lemongrass’s bright, sweet fragrance.
- Bring an uplifting note to a yoga or meditation session by filling your workout room with the crisp, grassy aroma.
Lemongrass has a citrus-herb scent that can be diffused to help purify the air from musky odors or applied topically for skin-cleansing benefits. It can also be used in food and drink recipes for a zing of grassy, citrusy flavour.
Topical: Dilute with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to desired area.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Culinary: Add to food or drink recipes to create another layer of flavour.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 5 drops Citronella
- 3 drops Geranium
- 2 drops Tea Tree
- 2 drops Lemongrass
- 4 drops Cinnamon Bark
- 2 drops Lemongrass
- 2 drops Grapefruit
- 2 drops Bergamot
- 4 drops Lemon
- 4 drops Stress Away™
- 2 drops Lemongrass
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus)† leaf oil
†100% pure essential oil