Marjoram has a woody, spicy aroma that has a warm, calming effect. It is a relaxing oil that is great to use for massaging after physical activity, making it an essential addition to the Raindrop Collection.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically:
- to relieve minor skin irritation, cuts, bruises & burns
- to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis
- or inhaled can act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation
- or inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic
- to experience relief from eczema and dermatitis
- to help relieve headache
How to Use
Diffuse or dilute and apply topically.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Culinary: Add Marjoram essential oil to recipes for a warm, herbaceous note.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- Substitute 1 drop Marjoram oil per tablespoon of fresh marjoram in your favourite recipes. If less is called for, just dip a toothpick in the Marjoram bottle and swirl it through the wet ingredients.
- Add Marjoram essential oil to extra virgin olive oil to make fantastic salad dressings, marinades, and bread dips.
Marjoram (Origanum majorana) † leaf oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil