- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to soothe irritation from mucosal inflammation in the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Marshmallow relieves inflammation and irritation of the digestive, urinary and respiratory systems.
- Aids the body on expelling excess fluid and mucus.
- Marshmallow has traditionally been used to help eliminate kidney stones and the pain associated with them.
- Traditionally used for bronchial congestion, dry coughs, fluid retention, intestinal disorders, kidney problems, painful urination, and sore throat.
How It Works:
Marshmallow, also referred to as althaea, has been used in herbology for some 2,500 years. Ancient cultures considered marshmallow a food to be eaten during times of famine, as well as a natural healer for digestive upset, inflammation and sore throat. The high mucilage content makes marshmallow an appropriate supplement for the mucous membranes.
Medicinal Ingredients: Each capsule contains Althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root 450 mg.
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Gelatin and water.
Dosage (adults): Take two capsules with a meal three times daily. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.