Nutmeg has a warm, spicy aroma that is energizing and uplifting. Extracted from the fruit and seeds by steam distillation, the fragrance of Nutmeg oil is sharp with a slight musky note and has become popular in perfumery. Nutmeg has a long tradition of topical support for seasonal aches and pains, especially when combined with massage or a hot bath. Aromatically, this oil stirs the senses and helps to relax the body and mind. Nutmeg blends well with other oils such as Orange, Clary Sage, any Eucalyptus, and Ginger.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically or inhaled:
- to act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation.
- to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis.
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic.
How to Use
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Culinary: Add to food and drink recipes for a sweet and spicy note.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- Add Nutmeg to your favourite baked goods for a cosy, nostalgic flavour.
- Use in savoury meat-based dishes to subtly enhance and round out the flavour.
- Add 1 drop in a glass of eggnog for a sweet and spicy treat.
- DIY air freshener: put 3-5 drops of essential oil onto 3-4 cotton balls and place them in a tiny bowl. You can place the bowls all around the house (perhaps behind the toilet or on the window sills) for a fresh-smelling home.
Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) † seed oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil