Orange essential oil, cold-pressed from the rinds of oranges, has a juicy aroma reminiscent of the fresh fruit. Orange's sweet, citrus fragrance induces relaxation and encourages positive emotions.
It has a clean, refreshing scent and flavour and contains the naturally occurring constituent limonene. An important ingredient in popular blends such as Citrus Fresh™, Abundance™, Christmas Spirit™, and Peace & Calming®, Orange oil offers a sweet, peaceful aroma that can fill a room with a sense of peace, harmony, and creativity.
Embrace the versatility of Orange essential oil as a culinary tool by using it in your cooking to brighten up or complement dishes with its citrus flavour. Use it in baked goods for an acidic contrast to the sweetness of desserts and baked goods.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically:
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic
- or inhaled can act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Has a sweet, uplifting aroma
- Can be massaged into skin for an energising aroma
- Contains the naturally occurring constituents limonene and alpha-pinene
- Can be added to household cleaner for a sweet citrus scent
- Works as an adhesive remover
- Can be diffused to add a touch of warmth to your space any time of year
- Can be applied topically in the evening to help improve the appearance of skin
From the bottle: Sweet, fruity, citrus aroma
- Combine 8–10 drops with distilled water or witch hazel in a small glass spray bottle and spritz over linens to keep your sheets, towels, and clothes smelling great.
- Add it to your nighttime face regimen to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and to smooth the appearance of skin.
- Use Orange essential oil in sweet or savoury dishes for added flavour and zest.
- Even clean linens may need a little freshening. Combine 10-15 drops with distilled water in a small spray bottle and spritz over linens and in closets to keep your sheets, towels, and clothes smelling great.
- Add 2–3 drops to a water bottle or glass of water for a fresh, citrus flavour, or mix it with other culinary essential oils for various flavour combinations.
- DIY air freshener: put 3-5 drops of essential oil onto 3-4 cotton balls and place them in a tiny bowl. You can place the bowls all around the house (perhaps behind the toilet or on the window sills) for a fresh-smelling home.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Play around with different essential oil combos for both warmer and cooler months. Diffuse Orange with Lime, Lemon, or Tangerine for a sunny, warm-weather scent, or diffuse it with Cinnamon Bark and Clove for a festive smell that is perfect for the holidays.
- Diffuse Orange in your children’s play areas; they’ll love the sweet, playful scent!
- Rejuvenate your home and inspire new memories with this bright aroma during family time.
- Peel into a slice of summer with a sunny aroma that will brighten your kitchen prep time for Sunday brunch with friends and family.
- Step into a warm bubble bath and breathe in this natural mood-boosting aroma after a demanding day of work.
- Energise the bedroom and feel revitalised to tackle any obstacle the moment your feet slide out of bed in the morning.
With its bright, citrusy aroma, Orange essential oil is a great choice for diffusing in the morning and throughout the day. Not only does its scent help clear the mind, but Orange essential oil may also help eliminate unwanted odors. When mixed with a night moisturiser and applied to the skin, Orange essential oil may help improve the appearance of skin. Orange, like other citrus oils, can cause photosensitivity, so avoid applying it to exposed skin before spending time in the sun.
Topical: Dilute with V-6™ and apply to desired area.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Culinary: Add to food or drink recipes to create another layer of flavour.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
Vitamin Sea Blend
- 3 drops Lime essential oil
- 5 drops Sacred Sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon Myrtle essential oil
- 2 drops Orange essential oil
Chocolate Orange Blend
- 3 drops Orange essential oil
- 3 drops Peace & Calming® essential oil blend
- 3 drops Copaiba essential oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark essential oil
3 P.M. Pick-Me-Up Blend
- 4 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 6 drops Orange essential oil
- 2 drops Idaho Balsam Fir essential oil
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 48 hours after applying product.
Citrus aurantium dulcis†(Orange) peel oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil