Peppermint essential oil provides a familiar, recognizable scent, but Peppermint is so much more than simply a nostalgic, fresh aroma. This oil can be diffused to create a stimulating, focused atmosphere for daily tasks. You can also apply it topically to create a cool, tingling sensation on the skin, which can be very soothing after hard physical activity. We recommend using Peppermint aromatically or topically any time you want to add a pleasant variety to your routine.
One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs, peppermint essential oil has a fresh aroma that is energizing to give you a renewed feeling of vigor.
Used topically, Peppermint oil creates a cool, tingling sensation on the skin, making it a favourite for sports massage and an important part of Young Living’s Raindrop Technique®.
Peppermint is also a great option for diffusing on its own or with compatible scents such as Lavender, Rosemary, Spearmint or Sage.
As a culinary necessity, Peppermint essential oil has a bright, cool taste, and is a versatile oil with a well-loved flavour. It’s easy to add this versatile oil to your tea or experiment with it in your baking.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically:
- to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis
- or inhaled can act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation
- or inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Cools fatigued muscles after physical activity
- Relieves joint and muscle pain associated with strains, sprains, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Produces a focused environment when diffused
- Acts as a carminative and antispasmodic for digestive discomfort
- Promotes feelings of calm and fights occasional nervous tension
- Provides a refreshing experience when mixed with your favourite shampoo or when applied to skin after a warm day in the sun
- Reduces the symptoms of cough and cold when inhaled
- Creates an invigorating and refreshing experience when inhaled
From the bottle: Refreshing, cool, minty, herbal aroma
- Diffuse Peppermint while working or around kids while doing their homework for an environment that is focused and energized.
- Add Peppermint to hot bathwater and enjoy the revitalizing scent and soothing aromatic steam.
- Inhale or apply it to your chest before and during a tough workout for a stimulating scent.
- Apply it topically to fatigued areas following physical activity for a cooling sensation.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Put focus first in study areas with this crisp, cool aroma.
- Wake up shared family spaces first thing in the morning by infusing them with this icy scent.
- Refresh your cooldown space after a vigorous workout with its chilling fragrance.
Peppermint essential oil has an invigorating aroma that can help create a focused environment when diffused and can create a cooling sensation when applied topically, especially after physical activity.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 4 drops of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or olive oil. Test on a small area of skin on the underside of your arm and apply to desired area as needed.
Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with vegetable oil.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 10 minutes 3 times daily.
Culinary: Add to food or drink recipes to create another layer of flavour.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- 4 drops Stress Away™
- 3 drops Christmas Spirit™
- 3 drops Peppermint
3 P.M. Pick-Me-Up
- 4 drops Peppermint
- 6 drops Orange
- 2 drops Idaho Balsam Fir
NYC, New York
- 6 drops Inspiration™
- 4 drops Peppermint
CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care professional prior to use. Avoid exposure of applied area(s) to the sun.
Peppermint essential oil (Mentha x piperita – Twig flowering)
†100% pure, YLTG™ Essential Oil