SLEEP-GREAT is a complete formulation that helps you fall asleep quickly, stay asleep and achieve deep, restful sleep.
We know how great it feels to fall asleep easily, get a deep and restful sleep, and wake up feeling refreshed. What you may not realize is how important sleep is for our overall wellbeing.
Think of sleeping like cleaning up your office after everyone else has left for the day. No new information or calls are coming in, and you finally have time to sort through the stack of paperwork on your desk, consolidate and file it properly, and empty the recycling bin. This active tidying-up sets you up for success when you arrive at work the next day. You can make-do with skipping the clean-up for a short period of time, but after a while, it catches up with you. Chronic non-restorative sleep is like having years of paperwork piled up on your desk: paperwork gets lost or takes extra time to find, the recycling bin is overflowing, and your productivity at work declines.
Sleep is part of our circadian rhythm, which is the light-dark dependant cycle that keeps our body functioning in a healthy way. Melatonin is our “sleep hormone”, and it is released in response to darkness. It should be highest at night, promoting a deep, restful sleep, and lowest during the day. In opposition to melatonin is our “stress hormone”, cortisol, which inhibits melatonin to promote alertness and wakefulness.
There are five distinct stages of a healthy sleep cycle. Stage 1 is when you are drifting off to sleep. Stage 2 is light sleep where heart rate and brain waves start to slow down. Stages 3 is characterized by very slow delta waves in the brain. Stage 4 is the deepest state of Non-REM (NREM) sleep, and it’s when the body undergoes most of its healing. Stage 5 is when we dream, called Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep.
We should repeat this cycle 4-6 times during a healthy night’s sleep, which requires both sleeping for enough time and repeatedly entering into the deep sleep of Stages 4 and 5. When we face challenges with falling asleep, staying asleep, or entering into a deep sleep state, our overall health is significantly impacted.
When we don’t get enough sleep, or get poor quality of sleep, our ability to think clearly, learn and retain memories is significantly impacted. Our immune system is weakened, causing frequent cold and flu or difficulty with getting over infections. Our appetite and blood sugar levels are negatively impacted, linking insomnia to increased risk of weight gain, heart disease, and diabetes. When we don’t produce enough melatonin, we have an increased amount of cortisol, our stress hormone, which can lead to anxiety, depression, irritability and difficulty coping with stress.
SLEEP-GREAT is a complete formulation that helps you fall asleep quickly, stay asleep and achieve deep, restful sleep. Unlike medications that may assist with falling asleep but limit your body’s ability to enter into a deep sleep state, SLEEP-GREAT works by enhancing the body’s natural sleep hormone pattern so that you enter all five stages of a healthy sleep, allowing you to wake up feeling refreshed every day.
Sleeping well is one of the most important things we can do to support our overall health. When we don’t get a good night’s sleep, the body’s ability cope with stress, regulate hormones, repair muscle, strengthen the immune system, and support mental clarity and capacity are profoundly impacted. This can result in fatigue, anxiety, depression, weight gain, frequent cold and flu, brain fog, and increased risk of diabetes and heart disease.
How it Works:
- Enhances the body’s natural melatonin production to assist with falling asleep and achieving a deep, restful sleep state.
- Assists with falling asleep and reducing sleep disturbance.
- Reduces stress-related symptoms, improves low mood and anxiety, and improves cognitive function
- Assists with falling asleep and staying asleep without causing morning grogginess.
- Increases serotonin production in the brain, which reduces anxiety, improves mood and triggers sleep.
GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid)
- A primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, meaning it promotes feelings of calm and relaxation
- Improves the ability to fall sleep through its calming action and improves quality of sleep
- Crosses the blood brain barrier and readily converts to serotonin in the brain, which improves mood, reduces anxiety and regulates sleep.
Loquat fruit Erijobotrya japonica 15:1 Extract, 25% Ursolic Acid
- Activates GABA receptors to enhance sleep duration, helping us to stay asleep longer.
Valerian Root 4:1 Extract 0.05% Valerenic Acids
- Improves sleep quality through increasing GABA in the brain, which promotes relaxation as we fall asleep and regulates NREM and REM cycles to facilitate a deep sleep state.
Skullcap Herb Top 4:1 Extract
- Reduces stress and anxiety through stimulating GABA receptors in the brain to promote relaxation.
Passionflower Herb Top 10:1 Extract
- Gentle sedative effect that significantly improves nervousness and anxiety through boosting GABA levels in the brain.
Schisandra Fruit 10:1 Extract
- Acts as an adaptogen in the body by supporting our ability to cope with stress and promoting relaxation through acting on the serotonin pathway.
Each Capsule Contains
GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)....50mg
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan – Griffonia simplicifolia - seed)....50mg
Loquat Fruit (Eriobotrya japonica) 15:1 Extract, 25% Ursolic Acid(QCE 975mg)....65mg
Valerian Root (Valeriana officinalis) 4:1 Extract, 0.8% Valerenic Acids(QCE 200mg)....50mg
Skullcap Herb Top (Scutellaria lateriflora) 4:1 Extract(QCE 200mg)....50mg
Passionflower Herb Top (Passiflora incarnata) 10:1 Extract(QCE 400mg)....40mg
Schisandra Fruit (Schisandra chinensis) 10:1 Extract(QCE 250mg)....25mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hypromellose), Oryza sativa (Rice) hull powder
Priority Allergens: None
All ingredients are NON GMO / GMO FREE.
Recommended Dose: Adults: As a sleep aid and all other uses: Take 1 or 2 capsules, daily, with water, at or before bedtime as needed. For Jet Lag: Take 1 or 2 capsules with water, once a day at bedtime, while travelling and at destination until adapted to the new time zone or daily pattern. Do not drive or operate machinery within 5 hours of taking this product, which contains melatonin. Avoid taking with alcohol or products that increase drowsiness.
Duration Of Use: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 4 continuous weeks.