Spearmint has a minty, invigorating, slightly fruity scent, softer than peppermint, and is characterized by a fragrance that is uplifting and calming.
A rich essential oil, spearmint may help open and release emotional blocks leading to a sense of balance and well-being.
Treasured for its unique minty flavour, Spearmint essential oil can add a cooling effect to foods that is both pleasant and beneficial.
With a distinctly sweeter, softer mint taste than Peppermint, Spearmint essential oil is perfect for infusing beverages to help cool you down. Because of its versatility, Spearmint is an important ingredient in Citrus Fresh™ and EndoFlex™.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically or inhaled:
- to act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation.
- to help relieve headache.
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic.
- to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough.
How to Use
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Culinary: Add to recipes for a sweet, minty taste.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- Add a drop to a glass of fruit-infused water to add variety.
- Give meats and veggies a minty note by including Spearmint essential oil in your marinades.
- Make world-class homemade pesto by adding a drop to your minced basil.
- DIY air freshener: put 3-5 drops of essential oil onto 3-4 cotton balls and place them in a tiny bowl. You can place the bowls all around the house (perhaps behind the toilet or on the window sills) for a fresh-smelling home.
- Put 3 drops of essential oil onto a cotton ball and clip it to the vent on your air conditioner to keep the room smelling fresh..
- DIY car freshener: select what shape you’d like, and cut out two pieces of felt and one piece of cardboard, and glue the felt to both sides of the cardboard. Put 3-6 drops of essential oil on each side, and refresh when needed.
Spearmint (Mentha spicata) † leaf oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil