Tangerine (Citrus reticulata) is a calming essential oil with a sweet, tangy aroma, similar to orange. An excellent oil to help uplift the spirit and bring about a sense of security.
Tangerine essential oil is extracted by cold pressing the rind of the tangerine fruit. Tangerines, which are part of the Rutaceae family, likely originated in Southeast Asia and have since spread to subtropical areas around the world. Like the fresh citrus fruit, Tangerine oil is loved by children and adults alike, with its delightfully sweet aroma that can create a happy, contented mindset.
Because of its appealing aroma, Tangerine oil uses include a wealth of topical and aromatic applications. Use its cleansing benefits in your morning skin care routine for an added boost or apply it to your temples before study time or meditation.
Tangerine essential oil is one of the sweetest flavours of all Young Living’s citrus culinary oils. Bringing complex citrus notes to savoury dishes and desserts, Tangerine essential oil is a bright, tangy addition in the kitchen.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Bright, uplifting citrus aroma
- Promotes happiness, playfulness and creativity
- Cleanses and beautifies the skin
From the bottle: bright, citrus aroma
- Add to a gentle facial cleanser for extra cleansing benefits and beautifying properties.
- Put a couple drops of oil on cotton balls and clip them on your car air vents. They’ll disperse a refreshing, citrus scent that’s perfect for rush hour.
- Add a drop or two of Tangerine to NingXia Zyng™ for a delicious and tangy twist on the lightly sweetened sparkling drink.
- Give your marinades a sweet kick by adding Tangerine essential oil instead of Lemon or Lime.
- Add a few drops to your water to get a refreshing citrus taste.
- Try adding a little Tangerine to your salad dressing for a wonderful citrus zing.
- Create a DIY air freshener by combining 30 drops oil with 2 cups water in a glass bottle. Spray around the house for a fresh, clean scent.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Diffuse at work or at home to infuse your space with a sweet, refreshing aroma.
Diffuse, directly inhale, or apply topically.
Topical: Dilute with V-6™ and apply to desired area.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Culinary: Add to food or drink recipes to create another layer of flavour.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
Squeeze the Day Blend
- 2 drops Jade Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Myrrh essential oil
- 3 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil blend
- 3 drops Tangerine essential oil
- 2 drops Juniper essential oil
Workshop Warrior Blend
- 4 drops Raven essential oil blend
- 6 drops Tangerine essential oil
- 2 drops Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product
Citrus reticulata† (Tangerine) rind oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil