Vetiver essential oil comes from a perennial grass native to tropical regions in Asia and has an earthy, exotic aroma. It is steam distilled from the plant’s root, giving it a warm, woodsy scent that has been used for its fragrance since ancient times. The oil remains popular today, and Vetiver oil uses include colognes and fragrances—especially for men—as well as soaps and moisturisers.
Vetiver essential oil is also great for work and study areas, since its complex aroma helps create an uplifting environment. Because of its viscosity, it’s recommended that users dilute Vetiver essential oil with a carrier oil before using it in a diffuser.
Vetiver has a heavy, earthy fragrance similar to patchouli with a touch of lemon. Diffuse this unique essential oil for a calming and relaxing fragrance throughout the home.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically:
- to help reduce the symptoms of acne or boils.
- to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- May help appearance of even skin tone
- Apply topically before sleep and let the aroma create peaceful, comfortable sleeping environment
- Has an earthy, balancing aroma
- Aromatic features promote a focused environment and a calm, relaxing atmosphere
From the bottle: Woodsy, smoky, and slightly sweet
- Add a few drops of Vetiver to V-6 and massage it on skin for a dual benefit: a calming aroma and the appearance of an even skin tone.
- Dilute Vetiver’s earthy aroma with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and diffuse it around the house or in your office to promote a focused environment.
- Add 5–10 drops of Vetiver to your hot bath for a relaxing, calming aroma to ease occasional restlessness as part of your bedtime routine.
- Combine V-6, 3 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Vetiver for a calming diffuser blend that’s perfect for a relaxing evening after a long day of work.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Free your mind for an important project in a study or den with its relaxing, welcoming fragrance.
- Set the mood for sleep by filling your bedroom with its grounding, soothing aroma.
- Treat yourself to a spa-like retreat by infusing your bathroom with its exotic scent.
Diffusing Vetiver’s earthy, exotic aroma can help promote a nostalgic, focused environment. You can also add it to your skin care cream to support the appearance of an even skin tone.
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
- Diffuse its invigorating aroma in an office or study room to create a relaxing, welcoming space where you can think freely.
- Add 5–10 drops to an evening bath for a relaxing, uplifting aroma.
- Combine a few drops of Vetiver oil with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and massage on skin for a calming experience that also moisturises.
- Combine 3 drops of Vetiver, 5 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang for a calming diffuser blend that is perfect for relaxing evenings at home.
Vetiveria zizanoides† (Vetiver) root oil
100% pure, YLTG essential oil