- Combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) ingredients.
- In TCM this formula is related to the metal element.
- Excess conditions in TCM.
- Contains herbs traditionally used for sinus congestion, bronchitis, sinusitis, headaches, asthma, chronic coughs, emphysema, tuberculosis, croup, sore throat, and the common cold.
- Ginger has traditionally been used as an anti-spasmodic and helps prevent nausea and vomiting.
- Ginger also helps relieve digestive upsets/disturbances including flatulence, spasmodic indigestion and constipation.
How It Works:
Nature’s Sunshine’s Chinese herbal combinations are based on 5000 years of Chinese herbal tradition. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which includes the use of herbal medicine, continues to provide primary healthcare throughout Asia even in these modern times. AL-C is considered a metal formula. The metal element in TCM philosophy is related to the colon, lungs and mucous membranes. The therapeutic principle for relieving the excess metal element is called xuan fei, which can be translated to mean “ventilate the lungs.” According to TCM, metal people can be guarded and seem aloof. They don’t express feelings and shield themselves from sorrow, disappointment and pain.
Medicinal Ingredients: Each capsule contains Citrus aurantium (suan cheng) fruit 100 mg, Citrus reticulata (chen pi) fruit pericarp 34 mg, Typhonium flagelliforme (shui ban xia) rhizome 34 mg, Wolfiporia extensa (fu ling) sclerotium 33 mg, Bambusa textilis (tian zhu huang) stem resin 30 mg, Bupleurum chinense (bei chai hu) root 30 mg, Fritillaria thunbergii (zhe bei mu) bulb 30 mg, Inula britannica (ou ya xuan fu hua) flower 30 mg, Prunus armeniaca (xing) seed 30 mg, Magnolia officinalis (hou po) stem bark 26 mg, Morus alba (sang) root bark 26 mg, Ophiopogon japonicus (mai dong) tuber 26 mg, Zingiber officinale (jiang) rhizome 17 mg, Schisandra chinensis (wu wei zi) fruit 17 mg and Glycyrrhiza uralensis (gan cao) root 12 mg.
Non-medicinal Ingredient: Gelatin.
Dosage (adults): Take four capsules every four hours as needed. For prolonged use, consult a health care practitioner.
top of page
bottom of page