- Portal circulation / portal congestion
- Drainage of the venous system, especially lower extremities
Aesculus hippocastanum is mainly a venous remedy (portal circulation enhancement). It has anti-inflammatory properties through its action on easing venous congestion. It also eases breathing (possibly by removing venous congestion).
Aesculus hippocastanum has a perfect digestive tolerance.
Do not apply to broken or irritated skin (the saponins may cause irritation)
Possible drug interactions: Anticoagulants (increases the risk of bleeding); Hypoglycemiants (oral/insulin), risk of hypoglycemia
HerbalGem gemmo complex that contains Aesculus hippocastanum:
G17 VEN-GEM (venous complex)
Gemmotherapy is a branch of phytotherapy that uses buds and young shoots of trees and shrubs. Gathered in the spring at a key stage of their natural growth cycle, buds and young shoots are freshly handpicked and put in maceration in a solution of water, alcohol and glycerin to extract all their active principles.
Ingredients | Each drop contains:
Aesculus hippocastanum* (Horse chestnut buds) (extract 1:20 … 2.5 mg) 0.05 ml
Non-medicinal ingredients: alcohol, water, glycerin.
*Organic certification by Certisys-BE1
Adults and children > 12 years 5-15 drops daily, between meals, pure or diluted in water, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless directed by a health care practitioner.
- Do not use if safety seal is broken.
- Keep out of reach of small children.
For more information please consult your health care practitioner.